Monday, February 1, 2016

Minutiae: The truth is there – Laziness Magazine

debuted this week the new series of The X-Files. Almost 20 years later, Scully and Mulder returned to our lives. But my guess that never came true.

The series is a piece of memory that occupied an important place in my childhood, early adolescence. I remember seeing episodes with his hands covering his face and eyes peering through holes between the toes at night in a dark room. I also remember having spent the eve of my trampling (it was a Friday night) to eat chocolate and watch an episode of The X-Files in TVI. He was 12. The next morning, it would be hit by a white Citroen across the street.

From the little I remember, although there is a common thread linking all the episodes, each contained an isolated story. Occurred a crime / strange case was followed by the investigation, which almost invariably led to a solution

Years later, I would follow, almost religiously, another series with a similar formula. CSI (Las Vegas , the original). In each episode there were one or two crimes that were solved there, on time, with few exceptions.

Today, almost do not watch TV. Time is not much and it is necessary to set priorities. But when I want to ruminate in front of the TV, I find myself turning on the Fox Crime and watch an episode of Miss Marple or Poirot, or anything similar. There is something comforting in the fact that at the end of each episode the criminal being caught. So much so that, for me, all this makes more sense than any one Disney movie.

In fact, the first books “big” and “no drawings” I read in my life were all written by Agatha Christie and Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. I came to devour a story a day. It was a challenge to discover the murderer. And in the end, there was not many happy endings, things ended well. The “bad” did not escape the superior intelligence of researchers and all was well: the balance was restored. The good overcame evil. It was simple and reassuring. And different from the reality

In the real world, most often, the criminal is not caught. And if it is, safa up. Because you have money or a good lawyer, or the right knowledge. Or for all the reasons set out above. In most cases, the reality is not pretty, is not closed and is, forgive me, sucks. Good does not always triumph, and intelligence does not solve everything. There is no linearity nor causality. Only a great chaos and a lot of randomness. The truth can even walk around, but it’s hard to identify.

So read the old police is even today a comforting activity. In the end, the evil is caught, and defeat the evil intelligence. And in the perfect world of fiction, is everything you could ask for.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment